Get Your Copy
Order online with free shipping
Get family faith formation ideas for the coming week delivered to your inbox every Friday.
And now, a faith-based weekly planner just for families
Ever wish you knew about Church feast days, observances, and events before they happened, so you could work them into your family's schedule?
Enter The Bread, the weekly family faith formation planner from Peanut Butter & Grace. Each issue contains:
- a calendar of upcoming saint's feast days, church observances and events
- important quotes from Pope Francis and other church leaders from the past week
- "Seven Slices," seven ideas for doing the faith with your kids in the coming week
- Excerpts from the coming Sunday's readings with kid-friendly discussion question to help you prepare for Mass
The Bread is delivered to your inbox every Friday morning. Sign up using the form to the left...or like us on Facebook, then click the Like button again and choose "Receive notifications" to get a link to the online version of The Bread in your news feed.
Check out past issues of The Bread in our archive.
Meditate on the joyful mysteries of the rosary
illuminated by sixty works of sacred art.
It's just ingenious and so simple! The most beautiful book, in which every page corresponds to one bead of the Rosary and showcases one work of sacred art upon which to meditate! It's the perfect First Communion gift. . . . (read full review)
—Leila Miller, Little Catholic Bubble
This book is absolutely beautiful! My kids love being able to keep up with the beads at the bottom and I love being able to meditate on the mysteries using the artwork to keep me focused. Please keep the wonderful books coming!
We used this book to say our rosary on the day of the March For Life, and the kids sat quiet and engrossed by the lovely artwork, a different painting for each bead of each mystery. Highly recommended.
The Joyful Mysteries came Saturday, and we were just blown away by it. Absolutely beautiful. The artwork is stunning, the whole presentation of the mysteries, how to pray the Rosary, the listing of the artwork at the end, all are done with such excellence.
The Joyful Mysteries illuminates the joyful mysteries of the rosary in sixty works of sacred art—one for each bead—to help readers pray the rosary more meditatively:
- Each two-page spread includes a work of art on one page, and the words of the appropriate prayer on the opposite page.
- A string of “beads” at the bottom of the text marks progress through each decade.
- Each decade opens with a beautiful Scripture-based introduction to one of the joyful mysteries (the Annunciation, Visitation, Nativity, Presentation, and Finding of Jesus) as well as suggested prayer intentions.
The Joyful Mysteries is perfect for children just learning to pray the rosary. Younger children can turn the page after each Our Father and Hail Mary, and older children can use the text on each page to help them lead the rosary and memorize the prayers.
The pages of The Joyful Mysteries feature the work of classical artists ranging from anonymous manuscript illuminators to such greats as Rembrandt, Rafael, Jordaens, Fra Angelico, and more. Selected works by contemporary artists round out The Joyful Mysteries, inviting readers to a deeper appreciation of the mysteries of the life of Christ.
The Joyful Mysteries is part of The Illuminated Rosary series.
Series: The Illuminated Rosary
Paperback: 130 pages
Publisher: Peanut Butter & Grace Books (December 1, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 8 ounces