Available February 12
0 - 4 copies: $15.99
5 or more copies: $10.99
Includes free shipping...allow 2-9 days for delivery.
Choose the individual or bulk rate in the drop-down menu. You'll be able to specify the exact number of copies on the Paypal order page.
Or, order through your favorite Catholic bookstore:
* Allow 3-12 days for delivery.
The Sorrowful Mysteries illuminates the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary in sixty works of sacred art—one for each bead—to help readers pray the rosary more meditatively:
- Each two-page spread includes a work of art on one page, and the words of the appropriate prayer on the opposite page.
- A string of “beads” at the bottom of the text marks progress through each decade.
- Each decade opens with a beautiful Scripture-based introduction to one of the sorrowful mysteries (the Agony in the Garden, the Scourging at the Pillar, the Crowning with Thorns, the Carrying of the Cross, and the Crucifixion) as well as suggested prayer intentions.
The Sorrowful Mysteries is part of The Illuminated Rosary series, which is designed especially for children just learning to pray the rosary. Younger children can turn the page after each Our Father and Hail Mary, and older children can use the text on each page to help them lead the rosary and memorize the prayers. Please note that some images in The Sorrowful Mysteries may be disturbing to children; adults considering purchasing The Sorrowful Mysteries should consider whether the images are appropriate for children using the book.
The pages of The Sorrowful Mysteries feature the work of classical artists ranging from anonymous manuscript illuminators to such greats as Caravaggio, Antonio Ciseri, Fra Angelico, Peter Paul Rubens, James Tissot, and more. Selected works by contemporary artists round out The Sorrowful Mysteries, inviting readers to a deeper appreciation of the mysteries of the life of Christ.
The Sorrowful Mysteries is part of The Illuminated Rosary series.
Series: The Illuminated Rosary
Paperback: 130 pages, color
Publisher: Peanut Butter & Grace Books
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
And now, a faith-based weekly planner just for families
Ever wish you knew about Church feast days, observances, and events before they happened, so you could work them into your family's schedule?
Enter The Bread, the weekly family faith formation planner from Peanut Butter & Grace. Each issue contains:
- a calendar of upcoming saint's feast days, church observances and events
- important quotes from Pope Francis and other church leaders from the past week
- "Seven Slices," seven ideas for doing the faith with your kids in the coming week
- Excerpts from the coming Sunday's readings with kid-friendly discussion question to help you prepare for Mass
The Bread is delivered to your inbox every Friday morning. Sign up using the form to the left...or like us on Facebook, then click the Like button again and choose "Receive notifications" to get a link to the online version of The Bread in your news feed.
Check out past issues of The Bread in our archive.