November 18–24 • 33rd Week in Ordinary Time
St. Agnes of Assisi + St. Rose Philippine Duchesne +
The Presentation of Mary + St. Cecilia + Thanksgiving + Bl. Miguel Pro + St. Andrew Dung-Lac
Are you ready for December?
Family Time printables are now available for Nov. 25 – Jan. 1…
plus, get a bonus pack of 9 printable Advent pages.
Or…get all our digital downloads for free
and support our mission to Catholic families
by becoming a patron.
9 WAYS TO DO FAITH & FAMILY
A few options for Catholic moms and dads to try with kids next week.
(Psst…scroll down for this week’s 50% off sales!)
- Teach your kids a prayer of thanksgiving. This week, try praying a litany of thanksgiving with your kids…because giving thanks is one of the five essential forms of prayer!
- Get ready for the Second Coming. You can tell we’re nearing the end of the liturgical year, because theme of this week’s readings is the Second Coming of Christ. Are you ready? Prepare by previewing these readings with your kids; Jennifer Schlameuss-Perry has reflections and discussion questions in the latest Breaking Open the Word at Home.
- Let kids help make the Thanksgiving meal. Peanut Butter & Grace’s resident chefs share five favorite Thanksgiving sides that even little hands can help prepare.
- Tell your kids the story of Squanto. So, while you’re making those sides, share with your kids the story of Squanto, the only Catholic at the thanksgiving meal shared by the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag people. His story is ultimately one not only of friendship, but also forgiveness.
- Try one of these quick and crafty ways to celebrate Thanksgiving. Get out the glue and glitter, and use the gift of art to express gratitude this Thanksgiving. Erin Broestl tells you what you’ll need. Plus, bonus! Tips for getting organized for Advent, too.
- Help kids have a great Mass experience. Experienced parents will tell you that the most successful Masses with kids start and end at home, and thankfully there are a variety of tools that can help. Heidi Indahl offers a breakdown of seven resources and how they might fit into your family Mass prep.
- Join us on PB & Grace Parents for even more Thanksgiving ideas. The parents in our Facebook group, Peanut Butter & Grace Parents, are sharing Thanksgiving ideas in a crowdsourcing thread right now. Pop in to share your own ideas…or to find out what others are suggesting!
- Make gratitude the main dish at your Thanksgiving meal. Make gratitude the main dish at your table this Thanksgiving. Here are a dozen ways to thank God before the big meal.
- Join in the second World Day of the Poor. The second World Day of the Poor is coming up on Sunday. Teach your kids the importance of helping those in need by contributing to the collection this Sunday at church, sharing Pope Francis’s message for the day, exploring the videos and activities at PovertyUSA (a ministry of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development), or try one of these seven ways Catholic kids can combat poverty.
ON SALE THIS WEEK…
50% OFF ADVENT BOOKS FOR CHILDREN
Now through Thanksgiving, get the hugely popular The Children’s Little Advent Book for 50% off with coupon code ADVENT while supplies last. (We won’t run out of the PDF download version, but we have limited amounts of the print books on hand.)
50% OFF DENTED & DINGED SOFTCOVER ROSARY BOOKS
Our hugely popular sale of slightly damaged rosary books continues this week: Use coupon code dents&dings to get 50% off softcover copies of the new Illuminated Rosary books. Sorry, we’re all out of the dented & dinged hardcover copies! (You can still get them new for 20% off the cover price using GRACE20 at checkout.) Get these beautifully illustrated rosary books for kids here.
INTRODUCING: OVENBIRD BINDERY GIFT EDITION ROSARY BOOKS
Have you seen the new hand-bound Ovenbird Bindery edition of The Illuminated Rosary? If you haven’t, head over to the Gracewatch store to watch a short video of master bookbinder Jill Krase explaining how she printed and constructed these special books to last generations. Remember to apply coupon code GRACE25 at checkout.
GET TELOS ART & DESIGN 2018-2019 LITURGICAL CALENDARS NOW
We’re happy to be partnering with Jessica Connelly to sell her gorgeous, oversized 2018-2019 liturgical calendars, designed especially with families in mind. This year’s calendars focus on the virtues. Check out more preview images at the Gracewatch store. The calendars begin in December 2018, so order now to get the most use out of them!
GET MORE PEANUT BUTTER. GET MORE GRACE.
Find us on:
Family Time! and Peanut Butter & Grace is edited by Regina Lordan and Jerry Windley-Daoust. Find out about our contributors.