This Saturday night Mass concludes the Triduum and begins Easter with a bang. It’s the night that we move from the darkness of the tomb to the bright light of the Resurrection. It’s also the night that adults enter the Church.
- The Paschal (“Easter”) fire outside the church.
- The procession of the Paschal candle through the church.
- Singing of the ancient Exsultet hymn.
- Between five and nine readings, with sung psalms in between.
- Blessing of the baptismal waters.
- Baptism and confirmation for new Catholics.